- Chelsea to make £40m move for West Ham star Diop, Tottenham are also eyeing a move for the 22-year-old. Chelsea have made West Ham defender Issa Diop their top transfer target as they prepare a £40 million ($52m) bid, claims the Express. The Blues are looking to strengthen their defence and view the 22-year-old Frenchman as a perfect signing for the winter window. Frank Lampard’s side face competition from Tottenham for Diop, while new Hammers boss David Moyes is thought to be unwilling to sell.
- Man Utd in the loan market for defender after Maguire injury
Manchester United are scouring the market to sign a central defender on loan after the injury to Harry Maguire.
With the former Leicester City defender likely out until February with the muscle tear, The Mirror reports United want to sign a centre-back on a temporary deal.
There is questions marks over the Red Devils other central defensive options, with Phil Jones suffering cramp, Eric Bailly and Axel Tuanzebe still out with injury and Marcos Rojo having been frozen out of the first team squad.
- Emery reveals three-hour Everton interview but prefers return to Spain
Unai Emery has revealed he was interviewed by Everton for their vacant coaching role but he ideally wants to return to manage a club in Spain.
The Spaniard was dismissed as Arsenal boss on November 29 and became a contender for the Toffees job when Marco Silva was sacked a week later.
Emery said Everton had been keen on him as an option for a long period of time and they sought out discussions about him taking over at Goodison Park.
- PSG star Mbappe: ‘It’s not the right time’ for contract discussions
Kylian Mbappe has dodged questions about his contract negotiations with Paris Saint-Germain, insisting “it’s not the right time to make some waves”.
Mbappe has been heavily linked with a move to La Liga giants Real Madrid, where head coach and fellow Frenchman Zinedine Zidane has made no secret of his admiration for the 21-year-old star.
PSG sporting director Leonardo has previously revealed talks over a new contract are progressing, with Mbappe’s current deal running through to the end of the 2021-22 season.
- Matildas star Foord close to Arsenal move
Australian attacker Caitlin Foord is close to joining reigning Super League champions Arsenal, according to the Herald Sun.
The Gunners women’s side are coached by Aussie Joe Montemurro and currently lead the lead the league by three points.
Foord is contracted to Sydney FC and is expected to play her final game for the club on January 16 before making the move to England.
She’ll follow in the footsteps of fellow Matilda Sam Kerr, who recently made her debut for Chelsea.
- Villa optimistic over Reina move
Aston Villa are optimistic they will be able to sign AC Milan goalkeeper Pepe Reina, reports the Daily Mail.
Villa are in need of a new goalkeeper after No.1 Tom Heaton suffered a season-ending injury recently.
Reina, 37, has served as a backup to Gianluigi Donnarumma since joining Milan in 2018.