The Nigeria air force have debunked a video clip released by Ibrahim Shekau led faction of Boko Haram to claim responsible for the crashed NAF air craft that went off the radar on Wednesday March 31
On Friday, April 2nd The Ibrahim led faction release a video that it member brought down the missing alpha jet which was on an interdiction mission as part of the mission to counterinsurgency ravaging the Northeast part of the country and to add to effort of the ground troop
According to a report from a credible source said the insurgent were seen in the video engaging the jet which was flying at a low range in a gun fights
Meanwhile, the Director Public Relations and Information Nigerian Air Force, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, said while briefing the newsmen that the viral video could be clips from a previous incident and that the force will not be going into speculations based on the videos released.
“We have seen some videos but there is nothing that has proven that the aircraft In those clips belongs to us, or have you seen a Nigerian Air Force aircraft number or the body of Air Force pilot or have you seen any Air Force uniform until we get all these details out, we are not going to go into speculation.
“That video could have been shot somewhere. I have seen four videos so far, one of them has lush vegetation in the background, and I wonder where they have such vegetation in the Northeast. Unless they did something and they are releasing the clips bit by bit, we are waiting.
“Except we have evidence, because like I said, these persons have families and you cannot go to their wives, parents or wards, you must bring concrete evidence. There must be something to show”he said